Trix HO 22985 Class 44 Steam Locomotive
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 44 heavy steam freight locomotive, with a type 2´2´T34 standard design coal tender. Black/red basic paint scheme. Standard design Witte smoke deflectors, pilot truck wheel set with spoked wheels, without smoke box central locking, with an inductive magnet on one side. Road number 44 1667. The locomotive looks as it did around 1962/63.
- Version with a coal tender, based on the new tooling for the class 44 steam locomotive.
- Different road number from 22980.
- 21-pin digital interface connector included.
- Partially open bar frame with a mostly clear view between the running gear and the boiler.
- High-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler.
- Ideal steam locomotive for unit trains.
Model: The locomotive has a 21-pin digital interface connector. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and the coal tender are constructed mostly of metal. The 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and a guide mechanism on the tender and on the front of the locomotive. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective sleeves for the piston rods, brake hoses, and imitation couplers are included as detail parts. Length over the buffers 26 cm / 10-1/4".
System: 2 Rail DC
Availability: In Stock